This article will show you the initial steps for appealing a guilty conviction at the Nassau County Traffic & Parking Violations Bureau (TPVA), located at 16 Cooper Street, Hempstead.
- You first file a Notice of Appeal at the TPVA with 30 days of receipt of the final disposition.
- The TPVA will send the Notice of Appeal to the Appellate Term, 141 Livingston Street, 15th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
- You must order the transcript of the trial (aka “minutes”) of the proceeding from the court reporter who appeared at your trial.
- When you receive the transcript (minutes), he or she must present to the TPVA Judicial Hearing Officer to “settle the minutes”.
- When the minutes are settled, the TPVA will send the entire file to the Appellate Term.
- The Appellate Term will then notify both parties of the next steps.